You have probably heard of the term ‘channelling’ the activity whereby a clairvoyant or medium brings through information either in written or spoken form. Well in order to do this channelling you need a clear and healthy Channel.
Strengthening and Grounding Your Channel
You already have the ability to benefit from your own intuitive wisdom, communicate with your Angels and Spirit Guides and access higher realms of awareness, you just may not know where to start or whether or not you are ‘doing it right’. Like everything else in life, there are easier and more difficult ways to accomplish the same thing, so why do it the hard way? There are some simple steps that you can use right away that will help you open up and ‘reconnect’ or to help you strengthen the connection you are already aware of.
In terms of structure and appearance your Channel is a beautiful beam or column of energy and Light that flows down to you from the centre of the Cosmos, connecting you to your intuitive and Divine guidance. But it doesn’t stop there. Being clairvoyant isn’t just about connecting to ‘up there’, it’s about having a Channel that is completely healthy and grounded. So why not try this simple visualisation –
Connecting and Opening Your Channel
Your Channel will already be functioning to some degree, but the health and capacity is a bit like your health in general. Have you ever heard of anyone who is too healthy? In the same way you can never have a Channel that is too clear or too healthy; so I still do this practice for myself regularly to keep my Channel in good shape.
- Sit comfortably with your feet flat on the floor. Close your eyes and breathe normally.
- Now visualise or imagine a beautiful beam of golden-white Light flowing down to you from the centre of the Cosmos. The beam of Light is rounded like a column or cylinder, notice how it flows down through the galaxies and solar system right into your Crown Chakra on the top of your head.
- Relax and feel this warm energy as it flows to you, down through your head, neck and the very core of your body, passing through your Brow, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus and Navel Chakras along the way, and into your Base Chakra right down at the base of your spine.
- Allow the golden-white Light to branch out to both of your hips and then flow down through your legs to the soles of your feet.
- Relax and enjoy the feeling of this energy as it flows through you. The Light will gently clear out old blockages and heal any damage that your Channel may have.
- Now the Light continues down through the floor, all the way through all the layers of rock and soil, to the very core of our beautiful Mother Earth. Imagine that you are a tree reaching down to your core with your roots so that you can feel grounded, centered and strong.
Sit with that feeling for a few moments.
- Then, from the core of our planet, a rich, red energy and Light will flow back up towards you, to the soles of your feet. Picture the red Light doing this and maybe your feet will even become warm.
- The red energy and Light then continues up both of your legs, into your hips and merges at your Base Chakra. Take a moment to experience that comforting feeling of being securely anchored to our physical home.
- From the Base Chakra imagine the red Light flowing back up through the core of your body alongside the golden-white Light that is still flowing down. The red Light also passes through your main Chakras and then gently up and out through your Crown Chakra.
- Visualise it flowing up to the centre of the Cosmos and sit for a moment, feeling the flow of these wonderful energies as they move up and down through your Channel simultaneously, connecting you to your Divine guidance and grounding and Earthing you.
- To finish, ask your Angels and Spirit Guides to wrap you in a lovely cocoon of energy and Light – whatever color comes to you is fine. Then take a deep breath and gently open your eyes.
Voila! You are now on your way to a stronger, healthier Channel and a clearer connection to your Divine guidance.
This whole exercise need only take a couple of minutes, but feel free to enjoy it for longer if you have the time. Having a strong, clear Channel is beneficial in so many ways and one of the great added benefits of this technique is that your Chakras will also be balanced and cleansed as the energy and Light flows through your Channel and through them. Think of the Chakras as flowers growing off the central stem of the Channel; as the stem draws the energy and Light through it the flowers will benefit too.
Grounding the Channel by connecting to the core of Mother Earth is very important. Ancient and indigenous cultures have always acknowledged her importance in their lives and wellbeing, while we in western cultures have been taught to put an emphasis on knowledge, information and logic. The result being that we usually have too much energy in our heads and forget where it is that we really come from and belong as human beings.
Healing and strengthening your Channel on a regular basis – say three times a week – can help you to make decisions more easily, trust your own intuitions more readily, reduce feelings of stress and anxiety, improve the quality of your sleep, make your dreams clearer and will certainly put you in better communication with your own personal group of Angels and Spirit Guides.
A Channel that is functioning well facilitates clairvoyance too, so if you are longing to see the colors in people’s aura, get some visual awareness of your Angels and Spirit Guides or become more aware of the helpful images your intuition uses to guide you, then this simple exercise will definitely benefit you. Practice makes perfect and maintenance is important, so set aside a few minutes three times a week – it’s a wonderful gift to give yourself.
Whether you are a beginner who is just opening up to the wonders of all that is available to us, or an experienced seeker who sometimes feels a bit drained and disconnected, your foundation is where you need to start or go back to. When your Channel is clear, healthy, strong and grounded, everything else can grow and improve from there.
Get BelindaGrace’s book to help you develop the secret skill you have.